Engagement Ring

I decided I should get Jen a ring. I think she deserves it. I spent hours, no, days researching.. I must admit though, I was a little low on resources that time but I was ready to set something aside. I could sacrifice some comforts. But I never expected what happened next.
While telling my mom how I planned to get a ring, she showed me an earring. I wondered what that’s for. Does she want me to give Jen engagement earrings instead?
She told me that this earring was given to her by my grandmother. And my grandmother got it from her mother. My mom has kept it all this time until one of her children decides to get married. This earring had a diamond…
Together with her and  my sister, we had that diamond casted onto a ring. And there it was! The most unique, the most precious thing I have given to anyone. A ring that was a piece of my family. And it has now been passed on… again.

            An heirloom.